Sunday, September 2, 2007

and the Story Begins...

Hello Everyone !

The reason why i created this blog is mainly YOU !!! thx God i receive a lot of emails from you asking how my life is goin on in Thailand. Sometimes it takes me loooooong time to answer to all of you so i decided rather to write this "online diary", this way keeping you updated about my adventures.

As i am writting this post, it is 3rd of september 2007. I have been in Bangkok since 16th of august, so approx 3 weeks. Lets review what happened during this period shortly:

Well, as an old quote says "Even the longest journey begins with the first step" - i would add: and this step is often difficult and hard. So was my arrival to Bangkok, my flight was 12 hours late which really made my nicely planned arrival afternoon impossible to carry out :( so at the end in stead of 3 pm i arrived at next day 3 am... quite a difference... So i had to take a cab from the Airport to the my appartment, which i reached around 5 am. Well this was another shock cause the place did not really match with my expectations... tough it was 5 mins away from the Uni, it was located in the middle of a market (in thailand basically people are selling food at every single meter of the marketstreet, so you can imagine the stink around that place...). Moreover my room was not more than 10 square meter and most importantly i did not have internet, which you all know is cruical for me ! So i decided that despite having already paid online one month deposit i am gonna switch from this place... For 2 days i was suffering from the Jat lag, so i couldnt really do to much.

Then on Sunday i had basically my last chance to find something because the landlord was trying to force me to sign the rental contract on Monday... So i headed into a NetCaffé and started browsing the exchange Forum at Facebook and thx god after just a short time i found Amber's post in which she was writting about an excellent place: "Sivalai". I googled it up and i immediately liked it, so headed fast and checked it out. To my greatest suprise i met with the nicest landlady of all times, Oillie. She and her entire family was really helpful from the first second, explained me everything and showed me around the place, which was way more than i expected: giant 54 square meter room, airco, giant TV, internet, kitchen, balcony (thats only my place...) and in the common areas: Restaurant, Gym, Swimming Pool, Tennis Courts and many other facilites... So i knew that i am gonna end up here sooner or later (actually i turned out to be already tomorrow :D )


This day i finally met some of the other exchanges, including Mat, Johnas, Amber and Sandra... they were also a really good reason to switch to Sivalai.

So on the following day, Monday i moved in to my new room so my mood really changed to absolutely more positive !

On Tuesday, we had the first orientation meeting at Thammasat University, where we had the first, sometimes funny experince... for example: i really couldnt imagine before that guyz would ever participate in cheer-leading... well here they do :) they look really funny must say :)

On Wednesday i had my first courses, which were suprisingly good (kk except the Financial Markets class where the prof. is trying to be so funny that is already annyoing :P) but the other 2 classes with an american prof. are really interesting and kinda motivating too... tough i will have to do a lot of group work which i dont really like ... continous studying sucks, as we know from Italy :)
Oh yea... and class attendace is compalsory, i can miss max 30% otherwise i cant take the exam... well we will see :)


At last weekend we were about to go for a "Team Building" weekend somewhere outside Bangkok... I personally expected that we were goin to some kinda Hostel and we gonna foul around and get wasted (hm... i couldnt never deny that i am hungarian) well i must say i probably was never more wrong in my life than this time... Against my expectations we arrived to a 5 star hotel on that was located right next to the seaside... i must say it was amazing... every luxury u could just ask for... (oh yea, and everything for free... kk the drinks were not :D) in the afternoon we had some sort of team competition which at the beginning seemed a bit childish and annoying but by the end i personally started to like it really much, too bad my team ended up as the last one ! :) but at least we lost in battle :) !!!!

So after this beautfiul weekend we headed back to Bangkok to finally start our "normal" exchange life... Well mine only started on Wednesday since i attend school just on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday (yea... these poor people have to work 6 days / week... so do the "poor" uni students")

I am planning to write a bit more detailed about the last week, so stay tooned ! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

now I feel satisfied that I am updated with what is happening with u somewhere 9000km from me!:D this all seems to be so interesting and funny! waiting for new posts...kisss&hug ya!!!!:*:*:*
g.